Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

From Heather King...

I sent an email to Heather King, introducing her to our group and letting her know that we are currently reading her book on her year with St. Therese, Shirt of Flame.

She wrote back! Here is her response:

"I am thrilled to know you all are reading Shirt of Flame in College Station, Texas! I want you to know I have driven across Texas twice, stopping over in such lovely towns as Austin, Ozona and Junction; getting to meet Fr. Ron Rolheiser in San Antonio; and doing a 40-day retreat on the Gulf Coast a couple of years ago...so this is a lovely connection and more to the point, I am always happy to meet a friend, or in this case friends of Therese. 

We all want to make a mark and it's such a consolation to remember that Christ will do that for us: in his time, in his way...

I love the C.S. Lewis quote. Books do that and so, in the end, does Church....

Thanks gals!
All best wishes,
Heather "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...