Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Shirt of Flame- Fred

All right, book people.  I just finished last night.  Go ahead, slap my hand.  I knew I couldn't make the meeting so I gave myself some room to be lazy.  I wish I would stop doing that.

I do not have anything very poetic to say- that's Terri's job- but I wanted to post a response to one of Lauren's questions.

Regarding Fred, I thought that Heather King did an excellent job of making him real to us.  Everybody has a Fred in their life. I love how she wove him into the story and used his life to show us how all of God's people should be treated- with patience, compassion, and love.  Period. That is exactly what St. Therese did.

We make a big deal out of St. Therese's 'little way,' but after reading this book, it does not look quite as little to me.  Always responding with love is actually big.

3 comments:

  1. And now I realize that these were Julia's questions and not Lauren's. All right, slap my hand twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, they were my questions. No more hand slapping. I love those last two sentences of yours. Very true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree with you more...

    "God's people should be treated- with patience, compassion, and love. Period. That is exactly what St. Therese did."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...