Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

In the Beginning, there were Vampires. NOT.

On Monday I was crying my tale of woe to another mom, "I just don't have time to read anymore."  I think I should have said, "I am not making time to read."  That would have been more truthful, because we all have the same amount of time.

Her reply, "Read?  I haven't read anything since the Twilight Series, and that was ages ago."

I wanted to grab her by the shoulders and say, "Get yourself a copy of a real novel, woman!  STAT!"  I have never read Stephenie Meyer and her ubiquitous Twilight business.  But I have an aversion to all things vampire- imagine that- so I will withhold myself from actually critiquing a novel that I haven't read.

Lauren, our fearless leader, thanks for reinstating the need for real words to flow into our heads and a place to grasp the full joy of reading a really good book.

And if I hate the books, I'm totally blaming you.  Kidding, only kidding.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...